Monday, May 4, 2009

Dresden Settling in

Our cute little girl seems to be settling in quite well. Xena and Dres are getting along pretty well, Xena still trying her foiled sneak attacks.
Here I think they've managed a truce after Xena got mad at Dresden for (how dare she!!) putting a paw on the sofa. Honestly, Xena would make a great little hall monitor.



Whenever we can we take her for long walks, which she seems to really enjoy. Last weekend I think I finally was able to tucker her out. I took her for a 2 hour walk around the neighborhood, for once she was walking way behind me and at a slower pace. Usually she's right at my heels and when running she helps me keep a better pace. If she and I keep this up who knows maybe we can enter a marathon together, ok maybe half marathon. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Squirrels seem to be the bane of her existence; in her defense though the squirrels in my neighborhood are really bold and I think have attitude problems. They seem to delight in taunting her. But we're working on it, and she's definitely gotten better about ignoring those wily little fur balls.

Dresden overall is a really calm happy puppy, and even though she's 3 years old, there's alot of pup in her. She really does need a good amount of exercise to harness that energy and I think just fulfill her doggie needs. We are teaching her how to fetch now, that whole concept seems a bit foreign to her, but I think once she gets the hang of it she'll love it. We've also been working on her "Dresden come" skills, she's gotten very good at responding to us indoors. Outside she gets slightly distracted by you know who. But treats seem to help that.

And this is Dresden trying to fit into Xena, the 5.2 lb Chihuahua's bed. And oddly enough she manages to doze off in there.

Unfortunately, the weather today is all rainy and cold. I've been hoping to get some shots of Dresden outside. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment